A blog is born

I’ve always loved to write, and thought maybe someday I’ll even share the writing. Surely someone is interested in what I have to say? Embarking on a travel/change of life adventure seems like the perfect time to formalize it into a blog. And after several hours setting up this little blog of mine, I’ve realized just how little I know about anything other than choosing a nice sheet of paper and pen. I think that makes me technically old-fashioned.

I am determined to figure this out, just like I was with our plans to quit our jobs, budget, save up, figure out our desired destinations and make it all happen. And I hope you’ll have fun following along with me on the adventure! Welcome to my little blog.

photo (9)

13 Comments Add yours

1. AR says:

So apparently Casey broke the circle of trust by telling me already, but I’m excited about this!

1. Mary says:

Well I’m honored you are my first comment. I still have a ton to learn, and a few more things to get set up, but very excited to share this little blog with my world very soon! You’re getting the *exclusive* preview.

2. Keith Darbyshire says:

You lucky, lucky people. Some people would give a lot to spend part of their year with me!

1. Mary says:

Right you are, on all accounts x

3. Renee Demma says:

Mary this is great!!! I am so excited for you and wish you both all the best!! Now is the time and I think it’s fantastic that you both are following your dreams!! Enjoy and keep on blogging so I can live vicariously through you:) happy and safe travels to you both!!!

4. Brandy says:

Super excited for u guys and this blog!!!!! I cannot wait to be able to meet up with you in Londontown on a regular basis…as it is my home away from home away from home! Xoxoxoxox safe travels Mdarby! Oh and you too Andrew! Lol! 😉 Miss you both!

1. Mary says:

Sounds like a fantastic plan, Brandy!

5. Peter says:

So excited for you guys! Thanks for bringing us all along on your adventure even though it is only online! Wish we could come along for real but that would make for long bathroom lines! Looking forward to when you make your way to our neck of the woods. Safe travels! See you soon!

1. Mary says:

We can’t wait to see you!

6. Jay Helmick says:

The Helmick family is very excited for you two and your new adventure. We are curious as to how you plan on getting back to Seattle to babysit? That sounds expensive?

1. Mary says:

No kidding…we will have to work out a schedule 🙂 I should be thanking you guys for completely funding our trip by babysitting fees over the last few years. You had no idea why I charged so much and would constantly invite myself over to babysit.

7. Ken Samuel says:

WOW, I have a rekindled travel bug just by reading your blog. I am very envious, but my wife and concur with your decision. It will be all that much tougher to keep her from executing a similar plan before I am ready now…