Oh, the places we will go.

First up…road tripping!

Richmond, Virginia
Washington, DC
Upstate New York
Saranac Lake, New York
Manhattan
Boston, Massachusetts

From Boston, we are off to the UK, where we will be based in Stansted Mounfitchet, with frequent visits to London, Cambridge, Derby.

20130801-080638.jpg

Also planning a visit or two to Anfield in Liverpool to see our favorite team play ((say it with me “foot-ee”)) Here’s hoping they have a better season than the last few.

20130801-081633.jpg

From England, we will visit:
Salviac, France
Paris for three weeks for my birthday and our third wedding anniversary ((ohmygoodness!!!))

20130801-080739.jpg

Eat my way through Italy in the Spring time.

20130801-082329.jpg

The rest of our travels in Europe will be determined on the fly!

Where in Europe would you visit?

All photos & images on this post courtesy of Google Image Search; these are not my own photos & images

20 Comments Add yours

1. Brandon says:

no vegas this trip? Also in san antonio go eat at Chris Madrids it was the best hole in the wall place ever!

1. Mary says:

No Vegas this time around. Thanks for the San Antonio tip!

2. Bo Bohannon says:

You should make a quick stop in Seaside on the way to Cannon Beach. In Fact, I will be in Seaside Aug 7th thru the 14th staying in our timeshare there. Pool, beach volleyball, BBQ, kite flying, rent-a-moped, etc. Love to have dinner with you and share your adventure plans with my fam ☺

Either way, I will be following your adventure and I am so excited for you!

1. Mary says:

We’ve been to Seaside before so I’m not sure it will make the cut 😦 and we do not depart from Seattle until the 1st of September, so we will miss you. Thanks though!

3. I’ve heard Budapest is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe…new world/old world. I’d def go if I could.

1. Mary says:

Oh good call. We’ll do some research and keep you posted if it makes it on our itinerary!

4. AR says:

Florence, OR? What’s there? We’re doing a mini roadtrip down to CA wine country after the wedding so if Florence is fantastic, we’ll have to hit it. We’re planning on Bend, OR and Redwoods along the way. YOUR TRIP SOUNDS SO RAD.

1. Mary says:

Sand dunes, I hear. Andrew went there years ago and loved it, but I’ve never been. We will be there the first week of September so I will report back if you should make a stop there. Miss you already!

5. Stephanie Carroll says:

Turkey! I would go back in a heartbeat!

1. Mary says:

Turkey would be amazing! Especially since I think it is still relatively cheap compared to other more touristy countries.

6. Brandy says:

Awesome!!! This sounds soooo exciting!!!!! that is definitely the long way across the us! def the scenic route!! hahaha! Ummmm just saying can I be fit into the manhattan stop!?! Hahaha! I mean I am 20min from there! Oh and u need to in Barcelona or madrid!!! Xoxoxox

1. Mary says:

YES to meeting up in Manhattan and YES I want to get to Spain!

7. Mary and Andrew – I think this is a fabulous idea. I wish I had done something like this long, long time ago when I was young. Not sure i am up to it now, so I look forward to following your adventure.

8. Jealousy begins in 3…2…..1

9. Sidebeards says:

Dude, Austin and then Nawwlins? That’s gonna rule. Definitely check out the Alamo Drafthouse calendar online and see if they have any fun events scheduled while you’re in Austin. Might make a good ‘rainy day’ back up plan. Guerro’s in South Austin makes a mean margarita (and parts of ‘Death Proof’ were shot there). Snow’s is a BBQ joint about an hour east of Austin where you can get your meat on for breakfast. They were voted best BBQ in Texas a while back and usually sell out all their meat before noon. Delicious.

Wish you guys the best of luck on your awesome journey!

1. Mary says:

Thanks for the comment & rad suggestions!

10. Matt Holm says:

We done Mary. I think you found a calling. This is very nice work and I have enjoyed ‘catching-up’ with you. One quick side note…Liverpool is 3 – 0 since I took possession of the Shield. Soon to be 4 – 0. Literally in a few hours. Safe travels.

1. Mary says:

Thanks Matt! I should have left that shield with you years ago 🙂 we just watched the game on my iPhone in a Flying J Subway in Fort Stockton Texas. Great game but disappointing they couldn’t get all three points.

11. Matt Holm says: